FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique – Substitute Sloan Privat scored in the second half and French Guiana earned a 1-0 win over host Martinique in the 2016/17 Scotiabank CFU Men’s Caribbean Cup third place match on Sunday night at the Stade Pierre-Aliker.
It was French Guiana’s highest-ever finish in the competition.
CONCACAF.com takes a look at the action:
2017 SCOTIABANK CFU MEN’S CARIBBEAN CUP
Match for Third Place
June 25, 2017: Stade Pierre-Aliker – Fort-de-France, Martinique (Att: 5,500)
French Guiana-Martinique 1-0 (0-0)
Sloan Privat 74’
French Guiana: Donovan Leon; Hugues Rosime, Jean-David Legrand, Gregory Lescot, Miguel Haabo (Kevin Rimane 46’), Cedric Fabien, Florent Malouda, Loic Baal, Jules Haabo (Sloan Privat 46’), Schaquille Dutard (Mickael Sovi 87’), Rhudy Evens. Head Coach: Jair Karam
Martinique: Kevin Olimpia; Antoine Jean-Baptiste (Christof Jougon 75’), Karl Vitulin, Jordy Delem, Sebastien Cretinoir, Dominique Pandor (Steeven Langil 78’, Jean-Manuel Nedra, Daniel Herelle, Stephane Abaul, Johnny Marajo, Kevin Parsemain (Johan Audel 61’). Head Coach: Jean-Marc Civault
R: Sherwin Moore (Guyana); AR1: Ainsley Rochard (Trinidad & Tobago); AR2: Trevor Porter (Guyana); 4th: Wilson Dacosta (Bahamas)
- Sloan Privat struck for the only goal in the 74th minute, giving him a team-best four for the 2016/17 Caribbean Cup.
- French Guiana completed 2016/17 Caribbean Cup play with an overall record of 5W-1D-2L (16GF, 7 GA).
- French Guiana scored at least one goal in each of its eight 2016/17 Caribbean Cup matches.
- Martinique completed 2016/17 Caribbean Cup play with an overall record of 6W-0D-2L (18GF, 5 GA).
- After opening the 2016/17 Caribbean Cup with six straight wins, Martinique lost its last two outings.
- Both French Guiana and Martinique will compete in the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup.